EUROTHERM SEMINAR No. 83 Computational Thermal Radiation in Participating Media III Lisbon, Portugal
The series of EUROTHERM Seminars established by the Committee has become a popular forum for high level scientific and technical interchange of ideas in a wide range of specialist topics. While the presentation and publication of papers at the Seminars are encouraged, the primary aim is to stimulate discussion and liaison between specialized groups.
The current President of EUROTHERM is Prof. Hans Müller-Steinhagen, University of Stuttgart, Germany ( email@example.com ). Information on future seminars is available from the Secretary, Professor Paolo Di Marco, University of Pisa, Italy ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). Information on the EUROTHERM Committee activities is available on the net: http://termserv.casaccia.enea.it/eurotherm
Scientific scope and topics
This seminar will present the state of the art and the modern trends in computational radiative transfer in participating media. It will focus on novel and improved solution techniques as well as on their application to actual engineering problems. The main topics of the seminar will be:
- New developments for the solution of Radiative Transfer Equation.
- Monte-Carlo methods and coupling of MC with other techniques.
- Radiative transfer in complex geometries and/or optically complex media.
- Radiative transfer problems at microscales.
- Turbulence-radiation interactions.
- Inverse methods in radiative transfer.
- Gas radiation modeling.
- Radiative properties of particles, agglomerates and disperse systems.
- Coupled heat transfer problems involving radiative effects.
- Applications to combustion systems, fire safety, high temperature heat exchangers, glass manufacturing, and high temperature thermal protection devices.
Although our primary interest is thermal radiation, contributions of researchers from any field related to radiation, such as neutronics, astrophysics, biomedical, will be welcome provided that they fit the main scopes of the seminar.